Jul 14, 2014

Lost boobs | Reward if found

Before we went on vacation I decided it was time I go buy new bras. I have been putting this off, and putting it off for a couple months. Avalon was done breastfeeding and none of my bras fit. But to be honest I haven't bought non-nursing bras since before Ace was born because well, in the last four years I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding, so who knew what my boobs actually looked like. Obviously I knew there was a BIG change in the appearance department of my girls, but I mean there were major changes here. They have, how should I say this? Lost their luster? Let's go with it. 
So I went to Nordstrom's, I walked around aimlessly for a little bit just looking at bras. Clearly I looked out of place because a lovely lady came up to me and said "you look like you could use some help" I wanted to reply, "yes in more ways than you know". But went with a simple "yes, thank you". I decided to get measured and fitted, I needed definitive numbers at this point. We made our way back to the dressing room and she measured me up. Then she came back with a multitude of options. Padded, unpadded, wire, no wire, lace, tee shirt bras, lingerie, everything! In all different colors and sizes. I started trying on and realized that my boobs of five years ago are gone! Now they look like something out of national geographic! The nice lady came back to check on me and said "how is it going? can I bring you anything else?" I said "if you have a crane handy to pick these puppies up that would be nice". She laughed....I was serious! Now, without a doubt this was going to happen. I have breastfed three children, all for almost a year. My boobs have gone from a normal size, to swollen pregnancy boobs, to watermelon size milking machines. Deflation was on the horizon!

After what felt like forever in the dressing room (and we all know how much I hate trying things on) I settled on a few different options. And actually found some new brands that I was quite pleased with! I left with a rejuvenated feeling, almost a feeling of accomplishment because I came to terms with the fact that my body is undeniably different from having babies. I am totally okay with that. I was a little in denial about it, but mirrors don't lie people.

I came home and showed Chris my winnings, he said "do you feel better?" I said "ya, I went down a whole cup size, but nothing a little push up can't fix". I had every intention of going through my old bras and nursing bras to just get rid of them. But who knows, maybe I will be lucky enough to breastfeed a fourth baby and go through this whole soap opera again! 

34 comments:

  1. I only breastfed Dannika for a month, and I remember when I stopped, my boobs looked so sad. I felt like they "sorta" bounced back after a year back to normal. I've been breastfeeding Mattis now for going on 11 months, and planning on stopping on his birthday....I'm scared.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boobs were not too shabby after Ace, and I nursed for almost a year. After Pierce...not way. And Avalon, completely different set! But that is why there are push-ups :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I got fitted 2 weeks after I stopped nursing and it was totally depressing. I mean, sure, I feel better wearing a bra that actually fits.... but TWO whole cup sizes smaller? TWO?! Ugh! And I've only had one... I'm not looking forward to what future kids are going to suck out of me, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok seriously you crack me up! I love what you said to lady, definitely something I would have said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!!! National Geographic-like is exactly how I've described myself. Darn it :( You're right, the rewards outweigh the lack of "luster" but darn it, why can't we have both?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I mean can I not just feed my children and keep a little filling in there? ha!

      Delete
  5. Ugh, bra shopping is the worst! But are you a part of the teeny bitty titty committee like me??? bahaha!
    What brands did you end up getting from Nordys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious Kelsey! I did the same at Nordies! I got fitted which was sorta depressing. I say, go for the fourth! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five mama! Send pregnancy vibes....and who knows what might happen ;) haha!

      Delete
  7. Totally feel ya, except after nursing two kiddos I deflated to a point where I can't find my size in any physical store. I told my mom my new post-nursing bra size and she was confused at first, wondering why I was talking to her about batteries. I have bras in every size from 34AAA to 36C to get me from post-nursing to nursing and back again ;) But as my mom said... at least when you're tiny there's not much to sag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bras are my least favorite thing to shop for! This was hilarious though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I breastfed Ais for a year and in the three months before I got pregnant again, I've never been more depressed with my boobs! They were so...ugh. There were so sad haha. I didn't fit any of my old bras either...I was no longer filled out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hilarious post and something I'm not looking forward too, ha. sending preggo vibes your way, people who make such cute kids have a duty to society to have lots of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks Whitney...send me all the vibes :)

      Delete
  11. I haaaate bra shopping. I pretty much wear the same bra every day. Gross, I know. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is the story of my life, right here. I have breastfed 3 out of 4 babies too! And now that I am no longer a milk machine, I have the freedom of buying all those pretty bras and get rid of those unattractive non-wire bras. I'm thinking I may have gone down a whole cup size too. Ho-hum. I also got back into lifting weights and working out, so I'm scared to see what other changes the girls are going to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha you crack me up!! Right there with you on them changing a ton after pregnancy/breast feeding. I really need to go get fitted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always had really small boobs so I'm used to that part. It's the fact that they are so saggy that gets me. I will soon be in the push up bra world as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg, you are my hero. Thank you for posting this! This is the story of my life right now. I'm still nursing my second one, but since he's almost 18 months old it's not like they're full of milk anymore so they've just pretty much died. My boobs used to be my trademark....now....I think I cry a tear every night before I get in the shower looking at them lol. You're right though, that's what push up bras are for!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, you and me both--except I haven't worked up the courage to go get resized yet. Maybe that needs to happen soon. Thanks for the inspiration!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take the plunge! I feel so much better now that I have bras that fit, and ones that I actually like! Go for it mama!

      Delete
  17. YES! Thank you for posting this! I laughed out loud through the entire post but at the same time know exactly where you're coming from. My breasts went down a size and I was only a VERY small C to begin with... It's a little depressing, but like you I'm ok with it :) Like you said, nothing a little push up bra won't fix! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a hard thing to come to terms with, you are used to seeing your body a certain way. But all is good when a little padding and push up are involved ;)

      Delete
  18. You are kinda hilarious my friend... I'm a tiny bit scared for my turn at this. This pregnancy was the first time I actually had to go out and buy bras because they were starting to cut off circulation. Lets see what nursing does to me this time around... If only Tricare actually offered that boob job that everyone talks about..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have started referring to mine as 'the flaps'. I ok for LOTS of padding now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flaps!!!! That is too good! I can totally relate!

      Delete
  20. Love it, you've reminded me I am DESPERATE to get some new bras. Mine are still big, they always have been but they look gross just hanging there! I happily call mine monkey tits. Other half keeps saying they'll come back. Pah what does he know, he hasn't seen them since I gave birth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Most definitely not coming back. At least not to what there were, right? But the magic of bras is amazing!

      Delete
  21. Exactly! I need a magic bra, still living in the nursing bras... Not helping one bit! I do miss my old pals, we could work a room no probs. but we'll worth the trade of two gorgeous bubbas. Right, off to check the rest if your blog! X

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm reading your post with the underwire from my bra painfully impaling me! I definitely need to note the bullet and do this!
    Thanks for making me smile.
    Visiting you from #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!!! I hate that. I totally feel better after getting fitted, and the lady showing me how a bra "should" fit! Who knew? Ha!

      Delete
  23. I dislike shopping but I DESPISE bra shopping. Seriously. Breastfeeding left me with lopsided boobs. I don't think they'll ever deflate to being the exact same size. I wish I had the beautiful, big perky boobs I used to have... to all the spring chickens out there: appreciate your breasts while you have 'em because it all goes south, eventually.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are definitely never the same again. I've been through two pregnancies and two breastfed children. I'm planning on one more and then after that I probably need to treat myself to some serious bra shopping.
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And just do it, don't wait for it. Just rip the band-aid off. ha! Go with the push up and all is well ;)

      Delete